Sunday 31 August 2014

Oyakhilomes divorce splits Christ Embassy members

Looks like members of Chris Oyakhilome's
Christ Embassy church are divided over his
split from his wife Anita who filed for
divorce a few months ago on the grounds
of 'unreasonable behaviour' and 'adultery'.
On a Facebook page called 'Where is Rev.
Anita Oyakhilome,’ some members are
putting their pastors and church on blast...
Yesterday, one member wrote
"I am a Christ Embassy member. I hate one
thing there: How can a pastor be working
together with a lady hand in hand,
attending meetings and lodging in a hotel
for days. My girlfriend travels with our
branch pastor annually for PPCF which
holds in Lagos. Only God knows.”
Continue...
Another one wrote;
"Pastor Chris Oyakhilome must have been
discovered compromising his marital bed
business. It is what it is. God says
judgement will start from His house. ‘Touch
not my anointed’ is God’s instruction
regarding all His children, not an individual
nicking, scheming, threatening monies off
people’s purses and telling them that
salvation is tied to tithes and that seed
sowing is only money donation to the
church/pastor’s coffers. One down, more to
roll. Christ be praised.”
Another member of the page wrote
" I and my family left Christ Embassy for
our own good after worshiping there for
three years plus and seeing all the things
going on under the disguise of church. And I
can comfortably say that for over a year
now, we have had so much peace in our
Christian lives. I don’t care how you view
my comment but truth must be told.”
Joseph Osagiede, however, responded
saying the Oyakhilomes were still together.
He said,
“I have been in Christ Embassy for 12
years. All is totally well with thier marriage.
All those wishing them to split and also
those going about saying nasty things about
the church, be careful.” Faith Ebunoluwa
Adetayo also said, “I have been in Christ
Embassy since 1990s and I can
authoritatively say some things: I have seen
the power of God work, demonstrated in
healings and many other things. I have seen
how that Pastor Chris is less concerned
about mistakes we make. “He believes that
these sins of the flesh will disappear, only if
we listen to the word of God. Rather than
condemning us, he speaks words of
encouragement. And for your information,
Pastor Anita is still very much in the
ministry and she’s with her darling
husband.”
Meanwhile, the Christ Embassy has kept
mum on the divorce case.
A woman, who picked Punch’s call to the
Nigerian office of the church on Saturday,
said she had no information to give on the
matter. When asked to confirm if the
divorce suit was true or not, she simply
said, “I have no information to give on the
matter.”
When another call was made to the church
thorough another number, the respondent,
who identified herself as Pastor Christabel,
said the church had no information about
the case. “No, we have no information on
the matter,” she said.
Source: Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment