Tuesday 2 September 2014

Give Me Back My 30 Million Naira - Emenike Asks Governor Chime

Super Eagles striker, Emmanuel
Emenike, has asked Enugu state
government to give him back his 30
million Naira (about $ 180,000) he
invested in the state to build a
sports academy after army men
stopped workers from working on
it.
An angry Emenike told
AfricanFootball that he acquired the
land after the World cup had
concluded through the help of a
special assistant to the Enugu State
Governor Frank Ndubuisi Ugwunweze
(a.k.a Ezeumuaga), who forwarded all
documents concerning to the land in
Emenike’s name.

Emenike wants his N30m back!
Emenike revealed that he bought the
lands as he visits there regularly
during his free time, so he found out
about a free plots of land in the state
and contacted Governor Sullivan
Chime’s aide who further assisted in
making the purchase.
Emenike, in his own words, said: “I
worked hard to make my money, I
know what I pass through on the
pitch before I earn my living and it
will be unfair if what am hearing
about my land in Enugu State was
true.
“I visit Enugu whenever I come to
Nigeria, my friends stay there as
well as some of my family
members. And I am the kind of
person who allows for advise. Even
before now, I had a dream to own
an academy not only in Nigeria but
I believe in the saying that
“charity begins at home”.
“About three, four months ago, I
acquired 13 plots of land in Enugu
State through the special assistant
to Governor Sullivan Chime. And
during the time of conversation of
the land papers he never told me
there was any problem on the
land. He gave me all the necessary
documents in my name after
payment.
He went on to reveal that when he
asked work to begin in the state, the
Chime led government ordered
soldiers to stop the labourers.
He added: “I then directed for work
to commence immediately, but the
state government has directed
soldiers to stop anybody from
working there.”I don’t want to
believe that this is fraud. I am
ready to fight it all.
“I am not a politician and I see no
reason why my money will be held
by the government house.”
“I have called some top
government officials in Enugu, but
all of them are not trying to be
sincere.
They could not help because the
order came from the Governor.
“Nobody is trying to be sincere
and as a matter of fact, I want my
money back. I am very depressed
that there is no confidence in
investing in my country. I just
don’t understand the pranks.

“Right from time, I don’t like going
through government for anything. I
prefer to do it with my money and
I see no reason why my property
will be held back by government. ”
Emenike also demanded that the
Governor gives him back his money,
if the project won’t be allowed to
continue, as he won’t like to see his
hard earned cash dissapear into thin
air.
“People go to government to get
free land, but I will not do that
because there is no sincerity in
most of the things we do. And I
will not be here and somebody
takes my money, it will never
happen,” he disclosed.
“I just want to believe that His
Excellency Governor Chime was not
aware of the purchase of the land,
in that case, I will like to have my
money back.”
Emenike plays for Turkish club
Fenerbahce, and he is Nigeria’s main
and mostly lone striker.
The bulky Imo state born athlete has
started this season off well, having
scored a fantastic goal for
Fenerbahce, he is scheduled to
represent Nigeria in the September
6th AFCON Cup qualifiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment